Ok here is a thought:
- Keep your game as the ‘main’ one, which can post scores to Leaderboard and gets Hints, etc
- Add ‘secondary’ savegames slots, where your friends/family can play their own separate game from the start and resume when they want. These ‘secondary’ games:
- Can’t post their score on the Leaderboard
- Don’t get Hints (you can give them and tease them !)
- Don’t count in any way towards the main game score/extra points/penalties etc.
- Add a field in the Leaderboard which notes how many friends you have playing with you. This can say how much ‘outside help’ you’re getting with parallel games.
What do you think ? (poll closed, update coming up)